Dialogue : Ahmed Ali
Thomas Guss the general manager of Shangri-La hotel – Abu Dhabi confirmed that the hotel have a special rank where its goal to provide an Arab experience through the design and hospitality. Thomas in his dialog with (Emirates Tourism) points out to the most important features of the hotel , guests hospitality and multiple services, according to the following details:-
- NowadaysUAE see an Awakening Touristic Quality, what is your assessment over the evolution in the world of hospitality and hotel sector in country? How do you see this growth of this sector in the future?
Abu Dhabi is in an exciting stage of growth as new entertainment and leisure attractions are developed. From the Louvre and Guggenheim to the extensive expansion of Etihad airways across the globe, there is plenty to look forward to and attract tourists from a multitude of destinations. Naturally, the support of TDIC to grow awareness in key markets about what Abu Dhabi has to offer creates interest in Abu Dhabi as a leisure destination.
- When was Shangri- La Stablish in Abu Dhabi? And what about the beautiful architecture design of the hotel which is keeping pace with life style?
The hotel was first opened in 2007 and was one of the first luxury five-star hotel’s to open in Abu Dhabi. The positioning of the hotel is to deliver a truly authentic Arabian experience in terms of design and experience. We believe all our guests are part of the Shangri-La family and we aim to make them feel at home when visiting the hotel. The blend of Middle Eastern architecture and Asian hospitality create a special experience for all our visitors, whether on business or for leisure.
- What are the advantages of Shangri-La Abu Dhabi current site? And how is this site impact in the hotel’s hospitality?
As the hotel faces the main island of Abu Dhabi and the impressive Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the location is central to the key areas of the city. A mere 15 minutes from the airport, top malls and entertainment opportunities, the hotel also offers a wide range of restaurants and a mall on the same location. Ambling along the property is an abra waterway, allowing for elegant transport between the hotel, souq and other areas to visit.
- How many rooms and suites available at the Shangri-La Hotel Abu Dhabi?
The Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi has 213 rooms and suites. There are nine different categories to choose from include a Presidential suite.
- What are qualifications and characteristics that have made Shangri-La Hotel Abu Dhabi as a tourist destination keeps up with hosting conferences, exhibitions, training parties, events and activities dedicated to the entire family?
Our guests who visit for business or leisure always appreciate our genuine and heartfelt hospitality. From the welcome they receive to the smallest detail of their visit, the teams at the hotel ensure a wonderful experience each time. This is what our guests appreciate the most as we care for them as part of our large Shangri-la family.
- What are the most important options offered by Shangri-La Abu Dhabi for tasty food and different meals?
The hotel definitely offers the best in Asian and Middle Easter cuisine and is delivered in an authentic way. Our teams all hail from the countries they are preparing the cuisine for. The Executive Chef Mansour Memarian, who has earned Michelin stars from his tenure in Europe, maintains a high standard and quality of food experience across the hotel.
- Do you have a plan for cooperation with tourist facilities in order to promote and active tourism in Abu Dhabi?
The hotel visits international trade shows where the destination of Abu Dhabi is shared with new partners and markets. The ADTA ensures all information about business and leisure travel is presented. Etihad airways, being the Abu Dhabi national carrier further expands on awareness of the destination when opening new routes. We all work very closely together to ensure the wonderful features of this location are shared across the world.
- How did the hotel succeed in combination between distinctive sports and entertainment facilities with the best equipment and accommodation five – stars services?
The hotel has six swimming pools, a one-kilometer beach, health club, award-winning spa and shopping mall within walking distance. There are water sports and abra rides to choose from giving all guests a great choice of leisure activities. There are five meeting rooms of different size for groups from 10 to 170 people.
- How does the hotel manage and utilize vacations and tourist events to make special offers for families both in the UAE and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)?
We care about our guests and often conduct research to understand what they care about. We then create packages we know they will enjoy when staying at the hotel. Typically these include spa and dining solutions for people with different needs.
- The hotel’s Spa features multiple facilities, what are the most important services provided by the club to their clients & visitors?
CHI, The Spa at Shangri-la is an award-winning spa delivering a truly Asian and Middle-Eastern spa experience. Treatments are tailor-made to include local elements, such as dates and coffee. The hammam room is a perfect blend of massage, steam and scrubbing which the treatment is renowned for. Ever popular, the hammam room requires advance bookings due to its popularity. The spa has added manicures and pedicures to its portfolio of services recently in comfortable, massaging treatment seats.
- If you would like to saya word to the guests and customers of Shangri-La Abu Dhabi… What would you like to say?
Welcome to the Shangri-La family where every need is looked after. Our loyal guests who keep returning as members of our Golden Circle program also receive upgraded amenities, private check in processes and personalized services.